LOL

LOL

Monday, March 28, 2011

There are no words....

Last night I was caught off guard while my mom was flipping through the channels on my TV and turned to CNN  for a documentary called "Unwelcome:The Muslims Next Door".


My first thoughts? "Turn this shit off before i see anything that pisses me off".. what did my mom do? IGNORE ME which turned out to be a good thing i guess, because I eventually changed my mind and said "good. dont turn it off. its going to be a good blogging session tonight". Well, "tonight" turned into tomorrow, and I am at this point where I'm like "I dont want those feelings to resurface and get pissed over something that didn't happen directly to me". But, I feel I owe it to all my brothers and sisters in Islam who have not had a chance to watch. I have a feeling CNN will be airing this documentary often as possible.


I just want to start by saying that I understand why people are scared of Muslims, I understand that there were bad people who used Islam in their attacks on innocent people, but I also understand that those bad people were not practicing REAL Islam. My Issue here is that if I, personally, approached each and every person in this documentary and sat down with them to answer whatever questions they had, I can guarantee they still will not get it... and its mainly because they dont WANT to know. They dont CARE to know. They feel the media is enough "proof" for them to come to the conclusion that we are not a "real" religion, and we follow shaytan (satan, the devil,etc.) if anything, and we do not follow the same God as them.


O.K. I will say this... if these people who are making these assumptions believe that Jesus is God then yes, I agree, its not the same God. We obey and follow ALLAH... GOD.. the one true ONLY God, and Jesus (peace be upon him) along with Mohammad (pbuh) and every other man is a prophet.. but everything else is just pitifully wrong.


Without getting into the "politics" of my religion, I will give me peace, sticking to the documentary. lol I will try my best but I am very opinionated and inside my head i feel my brain going haywire from lack of understanding some ignorant peoples comments and actions.. so bear with me please lol.


The first couple of scenes they just showed a whole bunch of negative people protesting..Then they got to WHO those people really were in the community. Ya know what? I am really nauseated with the whole thing, even though i have understanding for them, its not enough to give them an excuse to act this way. They tried to burn down the mechanical equipment that was being used to build the mosque/community center/school/gym. Maybe i should have mentioned in the beginning that this whole controversy is over Muslims building a Mosque/school/community center/gym even though there is only ONE Masjid in the entire town of Mufreesboro, Tennessee. The majority of the town is some form of Christianity and they all had DOZENS of churches all over the place for their convenience. So these are people are taught, every Sunday, the teachings of Jesus (PBUH) and yet somehow in the same sense used that as an excuse to say they are right to protect their country because "the Muslims are trying to kill us, and its as if we cant say anything" (to quote one of MANY ignorant people who stood before a judge to try and condemn the Muslim people their right to practice religion freely.. oh wait a second.. that sounds familiar... what AMENDMENT was that again? i forgot!!!!!!!!!!!!!(rolling my eyes))


So back to my point about the people being followers of Jesus and turning around and being violent with the Muslims they are claiming are trying to kill them.. I seriously think you people (of Murfreesboro) have your shit twisted right about now. Your neighbors just SHOT GUNS from the woods at innocent people standing on the lot where the future Masjid would be built... They set their equipment on fire, and RUINED their "coming soon" sign that sported an outline of a mosque with the Islamic symbol of Moon and Star on top of it.
It read something along the lines of  "you are not wanted", yet Muslims are the ones who are evil or bad? That does not even make any sense to me whatsoever. They also showed a clip of Christian people that burned down a tiny little mosque in Texas... at this point I was in tears.. call me a drama queen if you wish, but I always cry when I see things that are not right on TV or in real life. I am very emotional and I make no apologies. God made me this way on purpose. I know humility, and I know empathy and sympathy.. We are good friends lol Damn, there I go again bringing my own issues into the blog.


The funny thing about this whole situation is before the mosque was being built, everyone got along just fine. The people there were happy living in peace with each other, up until they got word of what was being built on land that was once owned by a Christian family who stated that When they found out that the land they sold them was being used to build a mosque, he just knew his grandparents are rolling in their graves. Screw you Mr. Hillbilly with no teeth in your mouth, you are very ignorant if you really think that. You know what else? I am sick of the word Ignorant! I use it way too much and I don't just throw it around not knowing the true definition of the word like A LOT of people do. Its sickening that I even have to use the damn word so much. Its so freakin' HILARIOUS that Americans are so proud to be "FREE", yet most want to oppress the ones that are different. YEAH THATS RIGHT I SAID IT!.. Even if all of the Muslims were born right on their little land in Murfreesboro, Tennessee, those people so full of hate would STILL not want our own constitution to protect them, even though they are United States of America citizens. They dont want "foreigners" to have the same rights as them. I know what I am saying is true for most, but not ALL people. I know that in the smaller cities and towns you will find more people who do NOT like diversity. But I also know that in big Cities people have more knowledge and actually feel for the minority, or diverse people out here struggling for acceptance.


After about 45 minutes of watching, my kids started acting crazy so I had to put them to bed and decided I would watch the rest later..But I couldnt bring myself to open the DVR, even though I have every intention in the world to watch again from beginning to end, I just can't do it right now. But I will say this...There was a young, beautiful Muslimah who was not wearing hijab .. she has blue eyes and being her last name was Spinatti im pretty sure her father was Italian. Her mother was a hijabi. I couldnt see the whole entire thing but at one point there was a woman in politics who was being interviewed about the masjid on the street, while this young muslim girl stood by with her camera just watching and listening. She had a question and the lady was getting anti Muslim and talking about oppressed women in Islam and the girl was like "I am a Muslim" and the politician looks at her and says "you are a very special girl" she went on to say "You show me ONE Muslim lady in this town that is oppressed...." and the politician interrupted her saying into the camera "maybe you should interview this girl, she is very educated and has a lot to say about it" and she tried walking away. The Muslim girl stood her ground and told her "No, you go ahead and finish..." like she was waiting to have a discussion with her and the woman just runs off..
That is one of very few scenes that make me anxious to watch again. When and IF I do, I will be correcting any mistake I had made (IF that), and editing in anything I missed.
Thank you for reading my long and drawn out (hopefully entertaining) view on this subject. There is so much more to be said but I just can't wrap my head around it right now.
I really hope everyone gets along and lives together in peace and acceptance so we can COEXIST..I accept you for believing what you believe, so please show me and others the same respect. When and IF you ever visit a foreign country, you would HOPE TO GOD they wouldn't treat you in a bad manner, and stop giving America, and Americans a bad name.. and a message to Extremist or radical PEOPLE claiming to be a Muslim or any other religion, stop blaming religion on your actions. The Qur'an or Bible or Torah did not tell you to kill innocent people in the name of God! and if you do this you WILL go to hell for going against Gods word and hurting innocent people which includes children!
Now I will leave you with some verses (surahs) from the Qur'an, and Hadith teachings (words of the prophet Mohammad (sal Allahu alaihi wa salam)


Whosoever kills an innocent human being, it shall be as if he has killed all mankind, and whosoever saves the life of one, it shall be as if he had saved the life of all mankind. (Qur’an 5:32)


“Say: O people of the Book, do not be excessive in your religion.’” [Qur'an 4:171]


Rasul Allah (prophet Mohammad, for the people who dont know otherwise) (sal Allahu alaihi wa salam) said: “Beware of going to extremes (in religion), for those before you were only destroyed through excessiveness.” [An-Nasai]



3 comments:

Gypsy said...

This just breaks my heart to hear and see "Christians" who do this sort of thing. I remember watching a video once of Muslims setting up s soup kitchen for the homeless, and "Christian" protesters were saying just some awful things to them. I am a Christian myself and I can not understand why someone would do this in the name of our Lord. The Bible's message was about LOVE and TOLERANCE, not hate and judgement. I'm discovering more and more that TRUE Christians, ones that love and accept others even if they are different than them, are becoming more and more scarce.

~Alicia

Danielle said...

thank you for your comment alicia. you are a very sweet woman.. im glad we are friends :)

Lucy said...

Anyone who truely believes in God wouldn't act this way. Anyone with a soul would show mire humanity and compassion. Hugs