LOL

LOL

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

First day covering

Alhamdullilah my first day back to covering full time went really well. I struggled a bit at home trying to see which style fit my face best. Then I sweat myself out of the first scarf (nerves)...lol..Then as soon as I was fed up with it all, I found one I was comfortable with and even hubby complimented the way it looked.


I stopped covering after 2 months of converting to Islam..I know it happens a lot with newly converted women, but my reasoning was a little shameful, to say the least. My husband wasnt used to me covering, and I was self conscious. Mind you, I was getting crap from friends and family members and I was just down about the whole situation..OH, and not to mention I had no idea how to pray, other than when hubby led the prayer so I felt there was no use in covering since I wasnt even praying as much as I should have been...Pathetic excuse? maybe...but I think I am comfortable now. 


So our family day went well. We took some clothing to the Mosque for needy families, and we will go back soon, Insha'ALLAH, to bring the rest of the clothes, and the food. Then we picked up Cora, our 4 1/2 yr old, from Pre-school, and took them shopping and to the park to play and ride bikes...and Aside from a scarf malfunction that happened in Wal-mart, it all worked out pretty well.Thank God. 


To top the night off, (after a small tiff between us...) Hubby and I put the kids to bed and talked over some good sheesha! So here's to our day, and to the covering I intend to do for the rest of my life INSHA'ALLAH!!!



No comments: